Final postmortem report

Celebrities with mental illness

Celebrities Who Revealed Their Mental Illnesses To Help Others Find Courage


 #1 Elen Degeneres, Depression



Celebrities With Mental Illness | "Everything that I ever feared happened to me. I lost my show, I've been attacked like hell. I went from making a lot of money on a sitcom to making no money. When I walked out of that studio after five years of working so hard, knowing that I had been treated disrespectfully for no reason other than I was GAY, I just went into this deep, deep Depression."


#Leonardo DiCaprio, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)


Leonardo struggled with OCD as a child and filming The Aviator reawakened the condition "I remember mine make up artist and assistant walking me to set and going, 'Oh god we're are going to need 10 minutes to get him there because he has to walk back and step on that thing, touch the door and walk in and out again. It literally drove me nuts a lot of the time. And it lasted for a couple of  months after filming and still is." 

#3 J. K. Rowling, Depression


"I have never been remotely ashamed of having been depression. Never. Whats's to be ashamed of? I went through a really rough time and I am quite proud that I got out of that."

#4 Hayden Panettiere, Postpartum Depression

"There's a lot of misunderstanding - there's a lot of people out there think that it's not real, that it's not true, that it's something that's made up in their mind, that 'Oh, it's hormones.' They brush it off. It's completely uncontrollable. It's really painful and it's really scary, and women need a lot of support."

#5 Jared Padalecki, Depression


"It kind of hit me like a sack of brick. I mean, I was 25 years old. I had my own TV show. I had dogs that I loved and tons of friends, and I was getting adoration from fans and I was happy with my work, but I couldn't figure out what it was; it doesn't always make sense is my point. It's not just people can't find a job or can't fit in a society that struggles with depression sometimes. 

#6 Carrie Fisher, Bipolar I Disorder


"Sometimes you didn't want to be that person. You didn't want to hold the dinner party hostage. And I didn't have a choice. I'd keep people on the phone for eight hours. When my mania is going strong, its sort of clear path. You know, I'm flying high up onto the mountain, but it starts going too fast. I stop being able to connect. My sentences don't make sense. I'm not tracking anymore and can't sleep and I'm not reliable.''

#7 Brad Pitt, Depression
  
" I used to deal with depression, but I don't know, not this decade - maybe last decade. But that's also figuring out who you are. I see its a great education, as one of the seasons or a semester: 'This semester I was majoring in Depression. I was doing the same thing every night and numbing myself to sleep, the same routine. couldn't wait to get home and hideout." 

#8 Adam Levine, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)

"When I was first diagnosed with ADHD, it wasn't surprising because I had difficulty in high school focusing. And I think now, people notice my ADHD as an adult daily. When I can't pay attention, I really can't pay attention." 

#9 Demi Lovato, Bipolar Disorder


"I remember sitting with my manager and my family and talking to them about whether or not to speak about the issue that I was dealing with. I knew that there were two options: I could either not to talk about my stint and rehab and hope that it went away, or could talk about it and inspire people to get help for their issues as well, so that's exactly what I did."

#10 Jim Carrey, Depression

"I was on a Prozac for a long time. It may have helped me out of a jam for a little bit, but people stay on it forever. I had to get off at a certain point because I realised that, you know, everything's just okay."

#11 Elton John, Bulimia

  "As soon as I said ('I need help'), I knew that I was going to better, and I was determined to get better. But it was just relief to be able to say those."  

#12  Angelina Jolie, Depression


"I felt I was going into a very dark place, and I wasn't capable of getting up in the morning, so I signed up for something that would force me to be active

#13 David Beckham, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)



"I'll go to a hotel room. Before I can relax I have to move all the leaflets and all the books and put them in a drawer. Everything has to be perfect."

#14 Lady Gaga Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) 

 During the visit to the Ali Forney centre for homeless LGBT youth in New York City. "The kindness that's shown to me by doctors as well as my family and my friends, it's really saved my life.

The Grammy award-winning singer, who previously revealed in 2014 that she was raped at the age of 19, also penned an open letter about her PTSD for her non-profit organization. 

There is a lot of shame attached to mental illness, but it's important that you know that there are hope and chance of recovery.

Gaga has also told she has clinical depression and it's a fight all the time.

I still work on myself constantly also Gaga said I have bad, I have good days. 

Many celebrities are still there who even doesn't share about their mental illness as they are scared of losing fame and glamour around them, but they don't think if they will not come and open up their mental health maybe they find it more difficult to survive in day to day life. Fear of losing their fame and popularity many people from glamour world would come and talk about their fears.


Final Word We hope this article helped you to know about celebrities with mental illness. You may also want to see -.

Comments

Post a Comment