Final postmortem report

#LifeInTheLockdown Bhumi Pednekar

#LifeInTheLockdown Bhumi Pednekar: Going around my little garden adds joy to my mornings

It has been over a month since the country went into a complete lockdown to fight the COVID-19 crisis. Bhumi Pednekar, who was shooting for Durgavati in Madhya Pradesh, returned to Mumbai on March 19 and has been homebound since then.

Apart from working out and doing household chores, the actress tends to her kitchen garden every day. She tells us, “It gives my mother and me a high to go around our little garden. We have grown both fruits and vegetables, including chillies, methi, chauli, dhania, baingan, tomatoes and strawberry. It’s thrilling to see the brinjal grow a little, or the tomato turning red, day by day. It adds another kind of joy to my mornings.”


Bhumi, a self-confessed workaholic, says that she is enjoying being at home. “Of course, I miss going to work, but I’m not whining about being home. In fact, I love this, too. I still have a lot to do and I’m busy all day. Apart from interacting with fans and friends on social media, decluttering, working out, reading old books and going through my art and craft books keeps me engaged,” she says.

The actress’ mother has also been passing on family recipes to her. “Every family has a different style of cooking. My mother learnt certain recipes from my naani and she’s teaching me those. I’ve also been baking and I am loving it; I’ve tried banana bread and pizza and they turned out fine,” she signs off.

Comments